Monday, July 14, 2008

Josh "The Dream" Hamilton

I am sitting here watching the 2008 Home Run derby and I am watching a display by a man who shouldn't be alive.  Josh Hamilton of the Texas Rangers is just demolishing the ball and he may have hit a ball up against the facade.  This is truly amazing.  I have seen the interviews and heard this man's story coming back from being addicted to drugs.  Nothing is more uplifting than seeing this man live his dream, literally.  Each home run is something more amazing than the last.  Josh Hamilton is my new favorite player.  No one can compare to this man.  He has 95 RBI's at the All-Star break!!!!  He finished his first round with 28 home runs!!!  Josh Hamilton is the anti-Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden.  He is proof that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I wish Hamilton were a Yankee.  God, how amazing would that be?  Yankee Stadium and Yankee fans are already in love with this guy, just like the rest of the country.  Forever, Josh Hamilton will hold a place among my all-time favorites.  Keep hitting, Josh, you deserve it.

No comments: